Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

I am 51 already and I am starting to feel pain in my body.

I am 51 already and I am starting to feel pain in my body. it started in my knees when I walk upstairs. when I squat, its hard for me to stand up quick. I have to it slowly. sometimes my elbows are sore. few months ago I had a kidney stone. my uric was high. now, I am trying not to eat food (meat, spinach, cauliflower, mushroom, etc) rich in uric. are these pains sign of old age? what do I have to do?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

At 51 years, you are not old and should not normally have pain in the joints. But a high uric acid level can cause deposition of small crystals in the joints - the condition is known s gout. his can cause pain , especially i the smaller joints like toes and fingers. But larger joints such as the elbows and knees may also be affected.

Please consult your doctor for more tests. Meanwhile, besides diet control, you can increase the amount of exercise you do - walking for 30-60 minutes will help.

I hope this helps.