911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

I am noticing a problem that has been lasting for a while now.

I am noticing a problem that has been lasting for a while now. I am getting up at least 2 to 4 times in the middle of the night to go urinate, I wake up tired and I fall asleep and lose focus at work during the day. I notice I sometimes jump while seated at my chair, or fall asleep even while someone is speaking to me. My mouth and tongue have a soreness and dry feeling even tho I am constantly drinking water. I am 31 y/o 5'11 and overweight at 365lbs. Can anyone give me an insight as to what might be going on.
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 1 year ago.

911DOC :

yes.

911DOC :

You are describing what is likely to be obstructive sleep apnea

911DOC :

you need to get with your doctor and tell him/her what you told me

Customer:

Does the apnea cause the urination too?

911DOC :

It can

911DOC :

can you open the link

Customer:

i am reading it yes

Customer:

so how can this be cured other than a weight loss

Customer:

i did not have this problem all my life

911DOC :

the answer

911DOC :

is that weight loss can cure it

911DOC :

but in the meantime you will need a sleep study to confirm the diagnosis

911DOC :

and if you have it, you will be provided with a CPAP machine... a device that allows you to breathe normally throughout the night so you can get restful sleep.

911DOC :

as you lose weight

911DOC :

you may be able to discontinue it's use

911DOC :

sleep apnea means that you wake up multiple times at night, but not enough to remember it

911DOC :

sometimes you come fully awake because you stop breathing

911DOC :

and your body startles you awake

911DOC :

and nocturia, nightime urination, is common with this

911DOC :

standing by

Customer:

yeah I notice that when i was 50lbs lighter i wasnt having this problem

Customer:

i always snored but never got up 4 times a night

911DOC :

I think it's a reasonable guess as to what is going on with you

911DOC :

and the CPAP can allow you the energy and restful sleep to start working on getting back in shape

Customer:

yes many of the symptoms i am suffering from

911DOC :

This IS the most likely cause of your problems, so I would not delay in seeking evaluation for this problem.

911DOC :

do you have any further questions for me on this subject?

911DOC :

are you there?

Customer:

yes thank you

Customer:

sorry I am at work

911DOC :

no worries, I am too

Customer:

I appreciate the info...this is what I guessed would be the issue

911DOC :

that reference is a good one

911DOC :

do you have any final questions for me?

Customer:

No i believe that is it...

Customer:

thank u so much

Customer:

i love this service for some peace of mind

911DOC :

good, I'm glad

911DOC :

ask for me anytime

911DOC :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Be Well

911Doc

911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician