Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

For about a month now I get a sick feeling much like when one

For about a month now I get a sick feeling much like when one is running a fever I don't have any fever, I do have excessive bloating and burping which over the counter stuff helps. I will think I am over it as maybe 2 to 3 days go by with no problem then it returns. I don't take any medicine at all as my overall health is good I just turned 69 I don't smoke or drink alchol beverages.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Do you have symptoms like sore throat, nasal discharge, flu, body aches, lethargy, acid taste in mouth, urinary frequency, urinary burning, diarrhea or constipation?

Which antacids you have tried?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have some constipation My urine frequency is about the same to a little more My appetite is good and no weight loss aches and pains in body is no problem no other systems

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Feeling fatigued and feeling like having a fever can be related to a viral infection that is lingering on. There can be other reasons like a kidney or urinary tract infection. Sometime there is no burning or no major urinary symptoms but one can still have an infection. This can be due to gastritis, i am suspecting this because of the burping and indigestion you have. You have tried few antacids but if you have not yet tried OTC cap omeprazole 40mg once daily then you should try that. Moreover you can take OTC tab Tylenol thrice daily to help your feverish feeling. Lastly drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. You should see your doctor to get your examination and basic tests like blood complete picture, liver and kidney function tests and urine R/E to look for any cause. But don't worry as per symptoms nothing sounds serious and hopefully you will be fine soon and i wish you good luck for that. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.