Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have two health problems, Doc. The first are pains in my

I have two health problems, Doc. The first are pains in my feet (itching like), especially at night and there are times when it is aching. I have tested for gout and the results are negative. What could be the problem?

Secondly, i have on-and off pains in my chest. It's like they are moving all over my chest. I have had these pains for 2 years now. I have done all the tests, Chest X-ray, MRI, ICG, Cardic, Ultra-sound etc, all are negative, save for the high gas concentration in my bowels. Help
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question.

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

I need to gather more information in order to give you the best answer possible.

Have you had a sleep study for restless legs?

Do you have acid reflux?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I have not had a sleep study for restless legs. What does this study entail? Maybe it could help.

I am sure I understand what is meant by 'acid reflux", but if it means lot of gases inside my stomach, yes I have. To counter that, I tried going green, in addition to taking anti-acid tablets. But the problem is on and off, just like my chest pains.

Thank you Kabelo

I think the symptoms of your legs you are describing is pretty typical of PLMD or restless leg syndrome. There are drugs like requip that can help.

A sleep study will help to definitively diagnose this.

Chest pains like yours are often not of a very serious nature. It seems as though you had heart and lung problems ruled out.

In that case, the cause is usually acid reflux, muscle/cartilage or anxiety.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your invaluable response. What drugs can I take for:

(a) Restless leg syndrome -- unfortunately, I am based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, therefore it may not be possible to do a "Restless Sleep study", until I go to South Africa in September.

(a) Acid reflux, muscle/cartilage or anxiety ----definitely, heart and lung problems have been ruled out.

I am allergic to sulfur, please prescribe drugs that are "sulphur free". Thanking you in advance.

You're welcome. :)

1)requip, mirapex

2)prilosec or nexium to start
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much. I will definately consult you again in future

You're welcome

Please don't forget an excellent rating. I appreciate it.
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)