DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have a question for the past couple of weeks. My stomach

I have a question for the past couple of weeks. My stomach has been hurting on the right side, im nauseated, diarrhea, i ve been running a temp on and off. What is it.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

right abdominal pain could be from inflammation of the gall bladder, from a gall stone, from irritable bowel syndrome, from inflammation of your pancreas or liver, from colitis bowel inflammation, from diverticulosis or diverticulitis, or a viral infection of the stomach or bowels.

could be a lot of issues causing your symptoms.

best to see a doctor and get an abdominal physical examination and ultrasound of your gall bladder to see if you have inflammation of your gall bladder or gall stones.

you should get your stools tested to see if there is blood present.

if these are negative, you might need to see a gastroenterology specialist doctor for more testing.

do you have health insurance to be able to see a primary care doctor?

sounds like the pepto bismol has not been helping.

do you have a doctor you can see?

Hello

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

Pancreatitis does not cause pain in this area, it would be on the left.

This is gallstones until proven otherwise.

2 weeks is already to long to wait for evaluation.

A gallbladder that becomes severely infected and is neglected can even become life threatening.

If the pain is lower, then appendicitis [up under the ribs, gallbladder, down below the navel, appendicitis].

Also a potentially very serious situation..

Go see a doc now.ER.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.