Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

My platelet count came back at 422. The high end for my lab

My platelet count came back at 422. The high end for my lab is 400. Everything else on cbc and diff is normal. My last count was one year ago and it was 361. I have has it done about once a year since 2008 it was 291 then ans a little higher every year since. What could this signify?
I am 41 year old female. Some degree of muscle or joint pain most days and recently discovering I get winded easier with excertion

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : The platelet count is NOTsignificant. It is not significantly above the normal range for there to be a concern with this!!
Anthony Bray MD : Your symptoms are worth pursuing if they continue to bother you .
Anthony Bray MD : Your symptoms would not appear to be connected with the borderline high platelet count...
Anthony Bray MD : Higher platelet counts may be a sign of inflammation as one possible cause however...

in the last few months i have been having 2 periods a month. Ive also been having constipation

would that be related?

Anthony Bray MD : You might have other signs of inflammation checked such as sed rate and C- reactive protein...
Anthony Bray MD : Your thyroid function, prolactin level may be checked as these may relate to the irregular periods. ( low thyroid function may be a cause of constipation)

ok, thank you.

Anthony Bray MD : you may benefit from a pelvic ultrasound to check for polycystic ovarian disease...
Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome!
Anthony Bray MD : Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!