Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am feeling dizziness (Light headed) and feeling very weak

I am feeling dizziness (Light headed) and feeling very weak for the past 3 days.I am having my periods now.Today is 4th day .
Is it normal.Please let us know if i need to see a doctor.

I am 29yrs old.It never happened to me like this.I am unmarried.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

Have you checked your blood pressure and pulse rate?

Customer:

No I have not checked .I can the blood pressure in 10mins and update you

DR HASAN :

Yes sure i will wait for you. Check the pulse rate too.

DR HASAN :

Have you checked?

Customer:

Hi I checked

DR HASAN :

ok

Customer:

systolic 97

Customer:

diastolic 59

DR HASAN :

ok

Customer:

heart rate 59

DR HASAN :

Any chest pain, ear ringing, spinning sensation etc?

Customer:

Littile spinning sensation

DR HASAN :

Do you feel lightheadedness more when you stand from a sitting position?

Customer:

when i stand

Customer:

i feel more light headedness

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input.

Customer:

but sometimes in sitting position also

DR HASAN :

The dizziness you are having is because of your low blood pressue.

DR HASAN :

pressure.

Customer:

Ok

DR HASAN :

This is secondary to your periods.

DR HASAN :

I suspected that in the beginning and that is why i asked you to check it.

DR HASAN :

And see it's low.

DR HASAN :

It must be around 120/80.

Customer:

Yeah thats true

Customer:

ok

Customer:

What should i do now

DR HASAN :

You need to drink more fluids and should rest as much as possible.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

will that work

DR HASAN :

While sleeping keep your legs elevated by a pillow.

Customer:

or do i need to take any medicine

Customer:

ok

DR HASAN :

Yes at least drink 8 to 10 glasses of water.

DR HASAN :

prefer Gatorade.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

I will do that

DR HASAN :

and you will feel better soon.

DR HASAN :

Any question?

Customer:

Thank you for the suggestion

Customer:

Nothing

Customer:

thats all i have

DR HASAN :

You are most welcome, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

DR HASAN :

You there?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.I am here.Thank you for the reply it helped.

I forgot to tell u one morething...this dizziness started after i took a pain killer (Nimulid ) on the 2nd day of my period.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Dizziness can sometime be caused by nimulid but it not supposed to cause low blood pressure. You should prefer Tylenol over nimulid. Nothing sounds serious so please don't stress yourself and drink as much fluid as you can. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery