Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!
How long ago was this?
can you tell me again please the name of the poison?
i just received a text from my friend about 4 hrs
so she needs to go to the ER
not because I am particularly concerned about the poison itself
but because she did it
can you get her to the ER or call an amublance for her?
can you get to her?
i am concerend will she die
there is no way for me to know
she needs to go to th ER
ya we did it... but was concern will that posion kill her
it COULD kill her but there is no way for me to know
over the internet
since it is posible that she could die from this
you need to get her NOW to the ER or call an amublance NOW
before also she tried to have full bottle of aleve and iboprofin but she did not let us knw this time we caught her red hennded
so this increases the chance that this is a dangerous overdose
she needs to go to the ER
my friend texted me that she looks ok nothing seems wiered in her but she is on the way to hospital
can you make sure she gets there?
rat poison would not work right away... the effect is delayed... most rat poisons cause you to bleed
yup he is with her. and am on text with him...
am not in same state due to job
omg.. i hope she is fine because i found it wiered when after 4 hrs also she looks normal like nothing happen this is what my friend told me
like i said
there is no way to tell in overdoses how much was taken, what was taken, and if anything else was taken... so that will be figured out at the hospital
certainly one can never trust the patient in these cases because they often underplay the overdose or overplay it... labs and studies need to be done
so I'm glad she is going to the hospital
ok.. she informed my friend she have taken one tea spoon full
and that can not be trusted, so she must be evaluated in the ER
and about a month back she tool overdose of aleve/iboprofin.. rgt now she told him...
how can i help with this particular question... what other questions do you have for me about this overdose?
i dont know if one tea spoon is overdose or no and concern is will she be ok
again, there is no way to know... that's why she needs to go to the ER. if she only took a teaspoon of rat poison powder it could be no problem or, if it is a newer rat poison containing brodifacoun then she will be admitted to the hospital. there is no way for me to tell you what will happen, but the hospital will know after testing.
she took something bait powder white colored
oh thts is good to hear tht one teaspoon is not overdose.
again, that is not what I'm saying. by definition she took an overdose because there is no dose that is correct for humans.
the question is will she suffer harm
and there is way for me to tell you if she will or not
because we aren't sure what is in the rat poison
it could be dangerous, it could be nothing
no way for me to know
though after ten years in the ER i can tell you that I have never seen someone die from eating rat poison
oh thank god... good to hear that
do you have any final questions for me?
no i am good thanks a ton... you have a wonderful day
you do the same
and come back anytime
i am usually on during the day
just start your question with 'for 911doc only'
have a good day
and i hope your friend is okay
positive feedback always appreciated.
sure will do .. thanks a lot ya am praying too for her.. thanks doc.. bye