Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have an earache in my left ear and a sore throat with an

Customer Question

I have an earache in my left ear and a sore throat with an itchy tickle in my throat and a wet feeling in my throat
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 9 months ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Since how long you have this?

Is there any pain on pressing the ear from outside?

Any nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, blocked ear etc?

Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Had it for weeks. It does not hurt to press it from th outside. I do have a nasal discharge of a dark yellow coloured mucus

Thanks a lot for your input. The problem you are having is called sinusitis leading to throat and ear infection. Ear ache can either be due to blocked ear tube which is present behind the nose or it can be due to referred pain from the throat. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations the following measures can help you.

1. OTC xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for five days.

2. Tab claritin once daily for seven days.

3. Mucinex DM twice daily

4. Steam inhalation with menthol drops.

5. Tab aleve twice daily for five days.

If symptoms persist then see your doctor as you may need antibiotics but hopefully will not be required.
I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.
You are most welcome.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also have developed an infection in my left eye overnight. Is this due to the sinusitis?
Yes most likely this is due to sinusitis. I strongly suggest that you should visit ER or visit your doctor as soon as possible as you may need antibiotics. Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it's single to be asthmatic even if you had a diagnosis from a pulmonologist that you are NOT asthmatic?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I mean is it possible
Yes it is possible. You might not be having symptoms of asthma while you were seen by pulmonologist but later you might have symptoms. I hope you got my point. Regards