Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I just got back from a quick trip to Boston ma. I flew home

Customer Question

I just got back from a quick trip to Boston ma. I flew home and then early that morning I awoke with cramps and diarreah. And all day long with periods of no diarreah. But having it most of day and night. now I have it again today. I can only drink gatoraide and clear juice. I don't feel like anything else .second day now . Diarreah every couple hours and cramping. Am not sure what I do now. o I wait another night and then see a doctor? if its still the same?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

Do you have fever? if yes how high?

DR HASAN :

Is there any blood or mucus in stool?

DR HASAN :

What is frequency of stools in last 24 hours?

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood , maybe mucus yesterday. But just loose stools today. Frequency is every hour sometimes . Just had a few hours of this today. Mostly every few hours .
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
CarolynI am sorry you accepted my answer earlier but don't worry i am here to help you.
Are you feeling better than before or it is still the same?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same. Maybe a tiny bit better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood or mucus. Maybe small amounts or mucus yesterday. Today loose stools cramping every hour I go since I got up. Yesterday bouts of this too
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry for the inconvenience you faced initially. The symptoms you have mentioned is consistent with viral gastroenteritis. Right now there is no need to visit doctor. It usually takes 4 days to get rid of this. You should follow few measures.

1. Keep drinking Gatorade as much as you can. This is going to treat your cramps.
2. Eat BRAT diet, this means Banana, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast.
3. Avoid anything like immodium.
4. You can take rice broth and yogurt too.

Hopefully you will be fine in two days but if you develop fever more than 101 or if symptoms continue for more than 4 days, only in that case see doctor for getting stool tests and you might need antibiotics for this. But i am hopeful that all this will not be required. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks . I'm hoping you'd say that. And not go to ER. Anyway . It's very strong cramps but I'm surviving , ha.
Is pepto bismol ok. Or is that like immodium
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. Yes pepto bismol is ok, you can take that. I have told you about the symptoms which you should be looking for and only in that case you should see doctor but right now you can follow my suggestions with good hopes. All the best again and please feel free to contact me anytime. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi how are you feeling now?