Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I am 49 years old and have a few comorbities.. IBS, Fibromalgia,

I am 49 years old and have a few comorbities.. IBS, Fibromalgia, CHF, Asthma, Sciatica and CAD.. for the second time in a couple years, while coming back from bathroom had the most violent shaking and rigidity of all my muscles from my legs to my throat... starting feeling like i couldnt breathe and was literally shaking very hard and grunting to breathe..and felt very cold.. my son called 911 and of course by the time they got their it was subsiding.. i went to er, kept a prolonged heartrate in the 130's at rest and high blood pressure.. Now the last time i did this i had the swine flu.. I was treated like it was a panic attack and sent home. i have also been very vitamin d deficient and had taken lasix earlier and peed like 30 times..i am very achy from head to toe and all my joints.. I have a large goiter on my throid and its been choking me this past week.. Just mentioned all this to give you a better pix.. Pls help?

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

I'm very sorry about this.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what info do you need?

Have you had the thyroid and kidney function checked lately?

What meds are you on if any?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thyroid yes.. the ent said i have nodules and need it removed cuz its around my airway and goes down to my shoulder blade. kidney function, not really, i have had a lot of uti and kidney infections.. and once had stones.. I take metropolol for my heart rate, lasix for my edema, Right now i dont have much insurance its a very poor plan.. i do have a history of chronic urinary retention due to a small urethra...

Thanks Carol

These symptoms are indicative of a possible kidney problem or a thyroid disorder

I think that is a very simple 2 things that could be tested.

I suggest a TSH and T4 level for the thyroid and urine analysis and BMP (basic metabolic panel) for the kidney.

Lasix can cause kidney failure by removing too much fluid. Plus its been really hot in most places in the country
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this was all done in emergency room and was normal, though havent heard back on the urine yet..i just want to know why i have such rigors after using the bathroom.. without spiking a high fever... I just have like a hit by a truck feeling and pain from head to toe.afterwards.. i do have lots of allergies too..

Thanks Carol.

Lots of people who have fibromyalgia also have interstitial cystitis.

This is a condition of bladder spasming.

It can feel like a UTI without fever.

A drug called amitryptilline can help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could the bladder spasming continue into one big body spasm?? and its funny i used to take elavil and it helped.. the er doctor gave me a script for it..

Great minds think alike. :)

Yes, it could.

It can cause a diffuse muscle spasm.

I think this med will help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks so much, came to conclusion lately after reading several articles that my doctor last year had hit the nail on the head when she diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, was resisitent to the dx.. now after struggling with anxiety, major depression, daily pain, forgetfulness, restless legs and barely functioning, I realize i need treatment.. finding it with no insurance and little money will be hard..

It sounds accurate.

Luckily there are good meds that can help

Cymbalta

Lyrica

Elavil

It sounds like your doctor is a good one. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)