Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I would like to know the recomended dosage and maximum dosage

I would like to know the recomended dosage and maximum dosage for gabapentin

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. Usually 1800mg is sufficient for most of the patients but dosage up to 3600 mg can be given in divided dosage. It is given in four divided dosages in a day, like 900mg four times a day. However you should talk to your doctor for increasing the dose. He might try 2400mg first, moreover he can change your medicine if he feel like. I hope I have answered your primary concern but please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.