Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

i am 23yr old mail and I am 99% shur I have a yeast infection

i am 23yr old mail and I am 99% shur I have a yeast infection . is there any thing I can do about it at home ..
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

What are your symptoms?
At what site/area are you having these symptoms/yeast infection?
Since how long you have these symptoms?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is on the head of my penis .it is red and looks raw on only 1 side . my wife has one to . I had it for like 2 weeks and it was only a little red splotches and I has intercourse 2 days ago and now it got worse

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you are having should be examined by a doctor before treating at home..There can be a possibility of STD like genital herpes,HPV (human papillomavirus),syphilis,chlamydia.

The friction/ rubbing during sexual intercourse has further made it worse.

If it is diagnosed as fungal infection,then you may apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It is available as over the counter(OTC) without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to the rash/itching area.Antibiotic cream has no role on yeast infection.You need antifungal cream containing clotrimazole.

You will also need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).

Also your partner should be treated.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause,rule out the STD's & then treatment will be done accordingly.

If it is confirmed as fungal infection,then to treat at home,you can apply ointment containing clotrimazole.Keep your genital area clean and dry.Avoid undergarments made from synthetic materials.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you applied the cream?
Was STD ruled out by your doctor?

Let me know,