Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Hello, 25 year old male here. I was at the beach yesterday

Hello, 25 year old male here.

I was at the beach yesterday here in NJ and I only put sunblock on my nose, shoulders, back, chest and stomache. Well we were in the sun, fishing , swimming in the ocean for 5 1/2 hours. My face is burnt to a crisp.. Was bright red last night, painful, and i had like five layers of cold aloe vera gel on it. Woke up this morning, its swollen under my eyes ,and I can feel the skin and see the skin on my face, is the blistering is going to start and then the peeling. I should have used SPF on my face very stupid not too. How can and try and prevent these blisters from popping and peeling, I am on my way to work right now, I am going to pick up Cocoa Butter will that help that, since the Aloe is only for the burn and not prevention of peeling blistering?

Or what else would you suggest? My face you can tell by looking at it that its blistered its all tight and thick .. man nasty.

Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

you have already done sun damage to your face.

you can't prevent the 3rd degree burn blisters from popping.

you should get a prescription of silvadine ointment if you are not allergic to sulfa drugs for your face and skin.

this will not prevent the blisters from popping, but once they do pop, your skin will be open and at risks for infection. the silvadine ointment can help cover the area and cool the skin and try to prevent infection from severe sun burns like yours.

you can also get aloe with lidocaine on it to help decrease the pain of the sun burn.

but you will need to see a doctor to get a prescription for silvadine ointment 1%.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have just gotten Vitamin E Oil not cream, very oily, will that work? Coco butter feels good but im sure that wont work either. Without the silvadine , what else is good? Cold rag on the face ? The boubles on my face are clustered and small but they want to burst so it can start peeling, I can tell by the texture and what not.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
vitamin E oil will not help prevent skin infections when the blisters break.

yes, your skin will eventually peal and the blisters will eventually break.

you can use over the counter neosporin on teh areas of pealing skin and open blisters to help decrease risks for infection.

but nothing you put on the skin will reverse the skin damage which has been done.

you have to let the skin burn take its course.

and the face will get worse before it gets better.

you can use the cold rages and compresses.

see if you can find aloe with lidocaine to help numb the face

and use neosporin to protect against infection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, 25 year old male here. I am 5 foot 9, 195 pounds. I want to lose about 10 pounds, but I need to gain muscle while I am at it. I work as a welder and I sweat all day long for 8 hours a day, move and lift heavy steel and equipment. My forearms get the most work and my back, out of everything. I want a supplement to take before I start work and maybe after, to help the muscles grow, but not to make me get heavier. Ensure has not worked for me, maybe Slim fast? It has alot of protein in it I think. Any ideas or suggestions?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
supplements will not make your muscles grow.

your are getting some workout at work.

but if you want larger muscles than you have now, then you have to put more time at the gym after work.

and you need lean protein like from chicken breast or egg whites or lean meats to help you build more muscle mass.

there are no short cuts to getting larger muscles.
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician