Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I had a prolapsed hemorroid a month ago. It was the size of

I had a prolapsed hemorroid a month ago. It was the size of a grape that needed to be pushed back. The color was normal, slightly dark flesh color. There was pain, some bleeding and itching. I used 2.5 percent cortisone. Four weeks later, the hemorroid is much smaller. It is no longer outside the anus. It is inside the anus and feels like a tiny smooth and slight hard circle. The size is down to 0.5 cm. please answer all the questions below
1. Does this sound like a hemorroid? Could it be sm else?
2. Could it be cancer?
3. What is the small bump inside the anus? I understand it may take months for the body to absorb that. Would you concur with that?

Doctor Cameron : Hello
Doctor Cameron : 1. Yes. This sounds like a hemorrhoid
Doctor Cameron : 2. Anal cancer is possible, but highly unlikely
Doctor Cameron : 3. The bump is a blood clot in the hemorrhoid. It is called a thrombosed hemorrhoid. It takes a while for the blood to be resorbed.
Doctor Cameron : It can take months to break down that blood clot. As long as it is not getting larger, I would not worry. Hang in there
Doctor Cameron : Please leave positive feedback if this was helpful :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As long as it is not getting larger and it is not bleeding, can I assume that it is a hemorroid and not cancer. Thanks and I will accept
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unlikely to be a polyp, correct?
Polyps don't usually protrude out like that and itch and bleed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As long as it stays the same size, can I assume it was the hemorroid. Can I assume no changes, no cancer
That Is correct :-)
Cancer grows