Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Why am I the same size after losing 13 pounds? I am on the

Why am I the same size after losing 13 pounds? I am on the Weight Watchers Online program and following it as much as possible and have exercised. My blood pressure is still. Took around five ago and it is 140/97, pulse 82. I am 42 year old female. 5'8'' and 220 pounds.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
Please consider the following recommendations.
As you are obese with 220 pounds and you have also Grade 1 hypertension so obesity has relation with hypertension,diabetes,raised cholesterol level and hardening of arteries.
If you loose weight than directly it will lower the threshold of diabetes,hypertension,and other effects.
As far as size is concerned loss of 13 pounds will not significantly effect your size ,when you will loose more than 20 pounds you will start to observe size reduction.
In addition to exercise program,dietary restrictions I will suggest you to start Tab Orlistat (Orslim) 120 mg half hour before meal ,studies have shown that it will reduce weight tremendously within six months with no side effects except gastric upset.
Meanwhile you need low dose antihypertensive medication like Tab Lisinopril 10 mg once a day.
So discuss my recommendations with your dr ,it will help you lot.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX you good health.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there an alternative to prescribed medication? My reasons are that I am already on Lamictal for seizures and I REALLYdo not want my body to grow dependent on any other meds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there an alternative to prescribed medication? My reasons are that I am already on Lamictal for seizures and I REALLY do not want my body to grow dependent on any other meds.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your follow up question...
Yes in addition to exercise and dietary restrictions if you do not want to take medication than for lowering blood pressure use low salt diet,low fat and use of vegetables along with Psyllium seed husks (Isphagol) will help you a lot.
Psyllium seed husks lowers cholesterol and also useful to loose weight.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.
Positive response will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can Isphagol be bought over the counter?

Is it better than Orslim?

Is Orslim prescribed?

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Isphagol is natural remedy available as over the counter.
Orslim 60 mg is available as over the counter medication.
Similarly Isphagol is good for stomach and intestine and have no side effect as compared to GI upset of Orslim.
There are no study available that comapred Orslim and Isphagol but if you can not use medication Isphagol is best.
Regards.
Positive feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fair to assume neither will have an affect with the Lamictal?

Another question: For around a month there has been a flutterin gin mid chest . No pain. Divorce and children are constant on my mind. Might this be my "nerves" or possible heart problems?

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Well in the absence of chest pain heart problem (Angina) is highly unlikely unless if someone is diabetic or old aged.
This can be because of stress or anxiety.
Isphagol will not effect Lamictol by any mean.
Regards.
Good luck :)
If you are satisfied with my services positive feedback will be encouraging for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My mother is a diabetic. Might I be considered to be old since I went into menopause with I was 30 y.o.?

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
If you have family history of Diabetes and you are obese with early menopause than for mental satisfaction get EKG to see any evidence of angina,but I think its because of anxiety and nothing will be wrong.
Also get your Hemoglobin A1C level to rule out Diabetes.
Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Great. Thanks for answering my questions. Can I save these answers anywhere?

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome :)
Just save this link of question you will get through detail answer question that we had anytime.
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/7uxrk-size-losing-13-pounds.html

Regards.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS(R)