Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Requesting Dr. Robert, Have a pimple on my buttox...anything

Requesting Dr. Robert,

Have a pimple on my buttox...anything to worry about?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have this pimple?
Is it painful?
Have you applied anything so far?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I noticed when I slept on my back i was in a little discomfort the last few nights. I went to take a look in mirror this morning at my buttomx and noticed a pimple there...

not that painful at all and have not applied anything...was thinking about going to see my pcp this week and have him pop it.

Is the pimple a sign of anything serious?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Raul,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

No,pimple is usually not serious & is completely curable.

The pimple you are having on buttock can be due to folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Another possibility is of acne with bacterial infection.

You can apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.Both these are available as OTC without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still the pimple persists then you need to consult your PCP/doctor for examination & accordingly oral antibiotics & other medications may be prescribed accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

And Thank you requesting me to answer you.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You said the pimple is usually not serious...in what cases could it be serious?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Raul,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Pimple becomes serious only when not treated & it progress to advance stages.

Severe acne enlarges in size,get filled up with pus.So this type may require incision & drainage (I&D) & oral or I/V antibiotics accordingly.

So as your pimple is a recent one,you need to apply antibiotic ointment as described above.Oral antibiotics may need to be taken accordingly if local treatment does not cure this.

Hope this helped.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am a little frightened is all. I had one that felt like this on my back several months back too.

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Raul,
Thank you for asking another follow up question.

Pimple are not serious because if they are chronic but because of their severity.

If your acne is red, inflamed and sore to the touch, it’s likely that you have a more severe form of acne known has inflammatory acne.

This can be on your back or buttock,it may need oral antibiotic.

Pimples are not dangerous & are completely curable with antibiotics & other treatment.

Hope this helped.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The pimple has the white dot like thing on top of it...i always forget what is that called? And more importantly what does that mean when that is there?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Raul,

Whiteheads are often called zits.

Acne pustules/pimples, also known as whiteheads, are typically pus-filled, making the center of the pimple appear white and infected.

The pus needs to be drained out by I & D (incision & drainage)after warm compresses.Antibiotics need to be prescribed there after.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see..why would zits/pimples form on the buttox area? typically you see on face and sometime back

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Raul,
Acne/zits/pimples are just as likely to have skin condition on areas of the body, like the buttocks, as they are on the face or back.

Because the skin is thicker on the buttock area, compared to the face, acne lesions/pimples can be bigger and the outbreak more severe.

Thank you

Hope this helped.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi Raul,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you applied the ointment?
Have you consulted the doctor for oral medications?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

you there Doc?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi Raul,
Welcome back to justanswer.com

Yes, i am available online.
How can i help you further. Please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Doc,

I took a nap around 4:30pm or so and was on and off snoozing.I felt like my heart or pulse was beating fast though and i couldn't sleep much and when I did get up around 6:30pm or so felt nausea which I still kind of feel and it is now 10:19pm. Also sort of had feeling like i wanted to vomit but the feeling was light and i didn't.

What could be wrong with me?

Hello Raul,
Welcome back to just answer website & thank you for your another new question.

I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Do you have chest pain?
What is your heart rate/pulse rate?
Sweating?
Do you have chest pain on exertion?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no to all of the questions. I do have heartburn though. I don't know howtocheck my heart rate.

Dear Raul,

You can count the pulse rate at your radial artery on the wrist.A normal pulse rate for a healthy adult, while resting, can range from 60 to 100 beats per minute.Average pulse rate is 72 beats per minute.

The symptoms you have described can be due to a condition called arrythmia.It is a change in the rhythm of your heartbeat.When the heart beats too fast, it's called tachycardia.There are many different types of arrhythmia. Most arrhythmias are harmless but some are not.

It can be caused due to certain heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease.It can be due to excessive alcohol use, smoking, caffeine, stress or exercise.In most cases arrythmia are not dangerous,but in very few cases it can be dangerous & a symptom of serious medical condition.

You need to see your doctor for examination & tests like EKG,stress EKG & some blood tests to rule out any heart disease.

Hope this helped.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't need to go to the ER though right?

Dear Raul,
I do not think that this is an emergency & you do not need to go to ER now.

You need to keep an eye of observation on your pulse rate.

You can make an appointment with your GP & accordingly you may be refer to the cardiogist(if required) & then tests described above will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am only 32but worry about dieing in my sleep for some odd reason. Is that strange?

Dear Raul,
I can understand your concern but you do not need to worry.

There does not seem any symptom that should cause so much worry.

If your pulse rate is within normal numbers & you do not have chest pain or any such symptom,there is nothing to worry.

Worrying/anxiety/panic can further increase your heart beat.

So bot***** *****ne is that you should not get panic on this symptom & just keep an eye of observation on your pulse rate.Consult your doctor for the examination & tests.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you still have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Dr.Robert are you online?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 8 months ago.
Hello
Dear customer,

Welcome back
Yes,I am online.You can ask your question.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi i went running today on a treadmill for the first time in months. For last 4 to 5 hours though I have a minor headache.This first started shortly after the running.

I dont have brain hemmoraging do I?

Dear customer,

This is not a symptom of brain hemorrhage.

Although you ran on treadmill after long gap of months & you might have mild headache,this does not mean that this can be due to any serious cause or brain hemorrhage.

The cause can be stress & physical exertion.

There is nothing to worry & there is nothing of concern.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Are you online Doc?

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 months ago.
Dear Customer,

Yes, I am online. You can ask your question.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

ok here goes...last night i was at a wedding in wine country and I probably had way too much to drink...(prob 15 drinks throughout course of day and evening).

I drove back home today and immediately went to sleep. I did not eat anything all day until 3pm PST. As I was trying to sleep before i woke up and ate, i felt as if though my body was going limp and then my eyes shut for a few second and it felt like i summoned myself to regain consciousness. I felt I had died and woken up. Did I suffer a seizure or stroke. Should I go see an ER? After eating and having some fluids I felt better.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

A doc I talked ot a few hours ago said "you may have Hypnagogic Sleep Paralysis. Nothing serious--just a little off setting of REM sleep and often seen after drinking as much as you did Raul. Not a stroke or a seizure and nothing to worry about except you really need to moderate your drinking"

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.

As such, it doesn't sound to be related with any serious issue like stroke or seizure.
This can occur with low blood pressure levels or sometimes with low sugar levels. Sometimes after heavy drinking, one may get such symptoms.
Good to hear that you have felt better, once you had a meal and took some fluid.

You can take adequate rest, and I don't feel the need for ER.
Just be relax, and take bed rest.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Do you agree with the doctor's diagnosis of Hypnagogic Sleep Paralysis? If so, why or why not?

Dear Customer,

During sleep paralysis, one is temporary unable to move or talk.
One may feel unsettled and anxious for some time and would get resolve by its own.

As such, Many people only experience sleep paralysis once or twice in their life. In case, if it happens several times a month or more regularly, it is known as isolated sleep paralysis.
Yes, your symptoms may have come due to sleep paralysis.

If you are satisfied, Then please rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Do you also lose consciousness briefly during sleep paralysis?

Dear Customer,

Yes, one may consciousness during sleep paralysis. One may not be able to walk or talk.
One may not be able to move.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Robert, Doctor