Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Dark brown pee??? Im a 24 year old male, slightly underweight. Normally a nutriti

Dark brown pee???

I'm a 24 year old male, slightly underweight. Normally a nutrition nerd. I have had only two sexual partners in my life, one of which is a virgin and the other had only had sexual experience of 1 or 2 occasions with the same guy with condom use, and I did get tested while dating her with negative results (1 blood, 2 urine). I'd think I'd be low risk for hepatitis, right? I certainly don't do drugs.

On Monday morning I woke up with annoying, but not overwhelming, diarrhea. (I had pizza the night before on vacation) Diarrhea occurred about 4 times in two hours after waking, but it didn't feel like anything too serious. I did have very slight nausea that fluctuated throughout the day. Symptoms persisted with a very bad stomach ache for the following few days and I drank little (though I tried) and ate almost nothing. Dehydration?

Shockingly, my brother just had brown pee 2 days ago!! He was not on vacation with me, but told me when I arrived home. Coincidence?

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello are you taking any medicines, vitamins, etc?

Customer:

I started taking adderall several months ago for concentration issues, but that is all. I took pepto bismol chewables on monday while traveling sick (nausea, diarrhea and upset stomach) which didn't really help. I took Emetrol on Tuesday and Thursday which worked much better. I didn't take any medication except 15mg adderall on Friday.

Customer:

For vitamins I do take D3 from mushroom extracts, Omega-3 DHA-EPA from algal oil, occasionally iodine and also chewable probiotic

Dr. P Jyoti :

this is most likely due to dehydration

Dr. P Jyoti :

along with the pepto bismol tabs

Dr. P Jyoti :

pepto bismol can cause dark color of the urine

Dr. P Jyoti :

as also dehydration

Dr. P Jyoti :

combination of both caused this

Dr. P Jyoti :

take a lot of fluids now

Customer:

Well, I had the pepto bismol on monday, but just had the brown pee a few minutes ago

Dr. P Jyoti :

adequat

Dr. P Jyoti :

then it must be just the dehydration

Dr. P Jyoti :

take a lot of fluids

Dr. P Jyoti :

water, fruit juices, etc

Dr. P Jyoti :

you will find that the urine will become normal again

Customer:

Okay, thank you!

Dr. P Jyoti :

of course if it doesnt you will need to talk to a doctor

Dr. P Jyoti :

but I am sure it will turn watery again

Dr. P Jyoti :

and be careful to have enough fluids so that your urine remains watery in color

Dr. P Jyoti :

high colored urne is a sign of dehydration and a sign that you need more fluids

Dr. P Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

do you have any further questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer:

No, thank you for your help!

Dr. P Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Dr. P Jyoti :

have a good day

Dr. P Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Hello CJ,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer a few days back.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, that is very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.