Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

5 days post procedure for resection of granulomas - resolved

5 days post procedure for resection of granuloma's - resolved refractory cough but still have constant burnIng sensation - current ent r/I lpr DX but I'm not completely convinced - may consider a GI consult - opinions ??

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Where were the granulomas removed from exactly?

Since how long did you have them?

Please explain the terms "r/I lpr DX" ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

vocal folds 2 of them waiting on pathology. Length of time ? Intractable cough 6 months - might consider r/o (rule out) lpr DX - differential unsure !!

Did you have the burning sensation prior to the resection as well or did it start after the procedure?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Prior - concomitantly with cough

Thank you very much for the useful information.

Honestly, 5 days is a too short duration to get absolute results from any kind of surgical intervention (and that too for a chronic problem present for 6 months).

The cough has improved a lot --- an indirect evidence that the cough was from granulomas. You must also give time for this burning sensation to disappear (at least 2 weeks ---- which is the time by which the inflammation secondary to the resection will settle down completely).

If beyond that period it persist, does not improve or get worse, there is no harm in getting a consultation with a gastroenterologist for a possible endoscopy to look for reflux or espophagitis that might be giving you these symptoms.

With in 2 weeks the biopsy report will also be available and will help you and your doctor decide further management plan.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.