Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

after twentyfive years of not smoking. I smoked a hit of marijuana

after twentyfive years of not smoking. I smoked a hit of marijuana from a small pipe on June 15th.19th and 24th.To ease back pain at the advice of a med tech. it worked, Have not smoked since. My question is I have a urine test for drugs on Wed evening July 10th.
That is about 16 days. Will there still be thc in my urine or will it test negative.Please inform. on probation. It is legal to buy pot in Washington State. Please best answer. am I safe?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

You are quite safe with this.

In light users, cannabis is detected in urine for 3-4 days only.

For more chronic users it may be detected upto 10 days.

In very heavy users and those with a lot of fat, it may be detected upto 30 days.

In your case, it would have been detectable only upto 3-4 days.

So you are quite safe with this.

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello John,

You are quite safe with this.

So you are quite safe with this.

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I asked a dr on your site a couple of hours ago and his response was that some researchers show thc can be detected up to 13 days.

His final response was that he was pretty sure I would pass. So..im a bit confused here on the facts along with all the mis information online sites. they vary greatly. Being a dr are you certain in your answer based on my situation? thank you.

Thats right, I am pretty certain.

You see, what the other doctor said was also not wrong.

In the sense that the detection rate of marijuana in urine can vary from 3 to 30 days.

For mild smokers, which is exactly what your exposure amounts to, it is only 3-4 days. Thats for occassional smokers.

For chronic users, ie, those who smoke it more or less regulary, it can go upto 10 days or 13 days as the other doctor said.

The longest detection rate is upto 30 days. Thats only for very heavy smokers and those who have a lot of body fat. You are in no sense such a heavy smoker, nor a chronic smoker.

Your exposure was definitely that of a light smoker, and you would have tested positive for 3-4 days, maximum for 7 days. Even if we say 10 days you are still safe (from 24th June).

So I am confident as far as my opinion goes that you are very safe.

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hello John,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer a few days back.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, that is very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.