Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Dear Doctor,I am afraid from getting HIV viruse. Laste week

Dear Doctor, I am afraid from getting HIV viruse. Last week I got my dick sucked by a girl and I am afraid if I get the viruse. the only thing I did I touched her viginal with my finger. Thats all I am really afraid...... should I do the test or not I read a lot online and I don't know who to belive or trust. please answer me urgently. I already stop all the sexual activity with my wife because of this sins.

incident happend in 6/31/2013

Thank you for your question:

The actual risk of HIV transmission from a single unprotected episode of receiving oral sex is 0.5 in 10,000 case IF the woman actually was HIV positive. That is a 0.005% chance.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5402a1.htm#tab1

While I would never discourage someone from getting checked for HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases, the actual risk of HIV transmission is less than many people think.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doctor,

Is there a need to check or should I relax and what I did not causing HIV?

That is ultimately a decision you would have to make for yourself. The risk of HIV transmission is very low, but it is NOT zero. If the girl who is involved took an HIV test and this test was negative, then there is really NO concern.

However, if she was unwilling to have a test (or if you can't contact her for some reason), you may want to have some HIV testing for reassurance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Docotr,

You mean the oral sex can transmit HIV?

YES - the risk of transmission from receiving oral sex from a woman who is HIV positive is estimated by the CDC as 0.5 in 10,000 cases.

This is a very small risk, but the risk is NOT zero.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doctor,

The girl is clean. Whats the status now?

Great - you can only get HIV from someone who has the virus. If the girl has had a negative HIV test, then you honestly have no reason to be concerned with HIV.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What's the test I should take just to assure my status?Is CBC enough in my case.
Following a possible exposure to HIV - the tests that woud be required would be an HIV antibody test. The CDC (USA) recommends testing as 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months. Other experts suggest that testing at 3 months if negative is all that is required.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear doctor,
I did CBC and the result was optimal except the MONO% 7.92 it's high; however the MONO is 0.505 K/ul.

What do you think doc.
Honestly, a CBC does not tell us anything. A normal CBC does not exclude HIV infection and an abnormal CBC does not prove anything.

If you are concerned, HIV antibody testing would be required. Nothing else is really of any value.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What's the name of the test?
HIV antibody test - This is a standard test done by nearly any hospital laboratory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Doc.
I done an HIV COMBO test and it was negative is that enough however it's been now 16 days since the event.
Unfortunately, a test done at 16 days does not exclude HIV infection. You need to have another test at 3 months following the exposure. The CDC recommendations (USA) include testing at 6 months. European recommendations are only for 3 months.