Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have Rheumatoid/Psoriatic Arthritis and Diabetes with peripheral neu

I have Rheumatoid/Psoriatic Arthritis and Diabetes with peripheral neuropathy. I have also suffered from chronic Pancreatitis. I have been treated with Oxycontin by a Rheumatologist. i was hospitalized with the Pancreatitis and was treated with Dilaudid. I had complete relief with this treatment. Is there any way to get a prescription written online for Dilaudid for a fee? Dilaudid Oral preferred but would take 8MG tablets. I need an answer soon please. does not prescribe medication. It is a violation of federal law for any physician who has not examined by the patient to prescribe these medications. We answer questions, but we can not prescribe medications for you.

If you have a question - I will be happy to assit you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank You. I understand. The Internet contains so much information that is totally false. I am ring told by my Rheumatologist that we are reaching a point where a pain management clinic may be our next move but I hear so many negative things about hose types of practices that I am skeptical.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is Dilaudid stronger than OxyContin and what advice would you give me? I have thought about asking my doctor about changing.
I'm sorry - I was offline when you posted your reply:

There are "pain clinics" that are nothing more than legalized drug dealers; opiate pain medications for money, and others that are true multidisciplinary pain management programs. Your best options typically are hospital based or hospital affiliated pain management programs. Typically you will find these through larger hospitals (often the medical school affiliated hospitals).

As for the strength of different pain medications, this is something that is commonly misunderstood. Each opiate has a relative strength, the dose that would provide essentially equal effect. Given at an equivalent dose, you should get similar effects.
However, some individual patients do better of medication "A" than medication "B" - therefore, you can give a one size fits all answer to anyone.

For neuropathic pain, medications such as Lyrica or Neurontin often are better than opiates (or are given along with the opiates to provide better pain relief).