Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My granddaughter is 24 she has random night enuresis problem.

My granddaughter is 24 she has random night enuresis problem. What should she do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello has she seen a doctor for this?

Customer: Yes
Dr. P Jyoti :

what did the doctor say?

Customer: I am enquiring on behalf of my granddaughter Ged 24. She did see a doctor a few years ago and was prescribed desmopressin but she did not proceed with that. She has no problems during the day and can go several nights without a problem and then it happens again.
Dr. P Jyoti :

hello

Dr. P Jyoti :

there can be different causes for this

Customer: Hello
Dr. P Jyoti :

this can be due to incontinence

Dr. P Jyoti :

there can be different types of incontinence, like stress incontinence, overflow incontinence, etc

Customer: Yes what is that exactly and how can it be treated
Dr. P Jyoti :

another important possibility for her considering her age is overactive bladder syndrome

Dr. P Jyoti :

this is a possibility

Dr. P Jyoti :

treatment will vary depending on the diagnosis as to the exact cause

Dr. P Jyoti :

she needs to see a Urologist for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

Urologists are the appropriate specialists for this

Dr. P Jyoti :

she will need tests like uroflometry and cystometry

Dr. P Jyoti :

this will help to find the cause of her problem

Dr. P Jyoti :

once the cause is known, it can be treated accordingly

Dr. P Jyoti :

different treatments like kegel exercises, feedback biometry, etc are given for this

Customer: Yes I am sure you are right what is the best way to find a urologist in her area
Dr. P Jyoti :

you can simply google with the name of her area and urologist

Dr. P Jyoti :

that is, for new york, google 'urologist new york'

Dr. P Jyoti :

best method is to ask her primary for a referral to a urologist

Customer: Thank you I shall do sound hope I can persuade her to consult them
Dr. P Jyoti :

she should discuss with the urologist about incontinence and overactive bladder syndrome

Dr. P Jyoti :

ask about the tests like uroflometry and cystogram

Dr. P Jyoti :

this will help get an informed discussion

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: Thanks it has been very useful
Dr. P Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P Jyoti :

wish her good health and a quick recovery

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hello John,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer a few days back.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, that is very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.