Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Just noticed two white things on tonsils have a sore throat

Just noticed two white things on tonsils have a sore throat sometimes voice changes but them comes bacl in

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hello I am an ENT specialist. Would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

I was trying to chat live with you on this.

You are most likely having a throat infection.

You should not get worried about the white spots - these are most likely food particles and other debris which have collected in the crypts of the tonsils. Tonsils have depressions in them which are called crypts and these may collect such debris.

None of your symptoms suggest cancer at all, which is most likely what you are worried about.

See your doctor for this. If possible see an ENT (ear nose throat) specialist. Ask about throat infection. Ask for a throat culture and sensitivity - this will confirm the infection and help choose an appropriate antibiotic.

This will be sufficient for you.

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Hello Jennifer,

This will be sufficient for you.

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok great ty:)

Glad to help.

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.
Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer a few days back.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, that is very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.