Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Sorry to bother you but my left ear was itching so I stuck

Sorry to bother you but my left ear was itching so I stuck my finger in, "typical male behavior", as I pulled my finger out it caused a vacuum in my ear and as I pulled it out something on the inside was pulled into my ear canal, I instantly could not hear anything. I suddenly was in a panic and slapped my ear with a flat palm and I could hear again. However something isn't right and it has been in pain since, is this something that will fix itself?

RickMD :

Hi. My name isXXXXX completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

RickMD :

It is possible that you have ruptured your ear drum.

RickMD :

The good news? In the vast majority of cases this heals on its own in a few weeks without any treatment.

RickMD :

If, however, the pain gets worse, you have any discharge from your ear or things seem to be getting worse, you should consult with your doctor.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

RickMD : Hi. My name isXXXXX completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
RickMD : It is possible that you have ruptured your ear drum.
RickMD : The good news? In the vast majority of cases this heals on its own in a few weeks without any treatment.
RickMD : If, however, the pain gets worse, you have any discharge from your ear or things seem to be getting worse, you should consult with your doctor.
RickMD : Does this make sense to you?
RickMD : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
David,

WOW! A poor rating without even talking to me once. Not very nice.

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You already have the money, obviously I know I possibly ruptured my ear drum, and its possible this is just another scam site that I have yet again fallen victim too, oh well. I can barely hear and doctors treat you horribly when you don't have insurance so tried to find alternate means of assistance because my hearing is important to me, but I'm sorry about your rating. That is what I should have been concerned with. You have a good evening. Also, you may want to give advice when you tell someone it may be weeks before its normal, suggestions of what/what not to do would probably get you a higher rating. Examples; don't allow water in ear canal, put a cottonball in, not just the obvious. That's all, thanks for your time. You don't have to respond. Just you reading this is worth the 38$. Maybe others will obtain urgent information they really need.
David,

Actually, until you give positive feedback I do not have the money....it is sitting in a refundable account...

Sorry you feel this is a scam site.

You can do most anything you want except swim with your head underwater.

I hope that you will change your rating to a positive one so that the stain of your negative rating will be erased from my, very important to me, online reputation.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you.