Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

HI, today I started bleeding after urination my undies are

HI, today I started bleeding after urination my undies are very red 4 times I went to urinate and felt like small pain , but didn't see blood then later when I was walking and sitting it did that. I felt really well today best I've felt for ages usually I am aching lower back and hamstrings. I am a builder 62 years old male do take furosemide 40mg for leg swelling artieries I think heart is well have had ablation 2 years ago all cleared.
I do take some herbs and spices for drink and ginseing for energy. use by date 2015.
I also take some stuff called good green stuff last 5 months, vitimins mineals and everything one needs in a days diet, it's also organic and full of protein. I am also a vegetarian last 40 years. I still feel well and happy, aches and pains of lower back gone?? What do you reckon??

Jim
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

I can appreciate your concern.

Most likely is a bladder or kidney stone. THis can cause the symptoms of back pain, etc along with the bleeding.

Any urinary tract infection can also cause such bleeding.

These are the two most likely causes.

Other causes are polyps in the bladder or urethra, growths, etc.

See your doctor for this at the earliest. If bleeding persists go to the ER for this. This is something for which you need medical examination. Tests like Xrays and urine examination will be needed for this, discuss it with your doctor.

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer a few days back.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, that is very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.