Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hello my name isXXXXX have a few questions about nerve

Hello my name isXXXXX have a few questions about nerve impulse/signal origination/path ways etc. I have developed prostate enlargment,heart failure,atrial fib.,heart disease,gout,begining stages of type 2 diab.,etc etc oh and I have a pace/defib. which is 4 wire making both ventricles fire simultaneously. My prostate sometimes gives me intense urges to urinate eventho verl little urine is stored. Along with these urges I get a very strong urge to hyper ventilate with a feeling of being totaly out of breath and dizzyness. Several times I have been able to shut off the out of breath,hyperventilate signals with thought instruction. Would you be so kind as to answer these few questions. Q. where in the brain do these intense urge signals originate and what path do they travel. Q. How do basic impulses ie. breathe,urinate,fire sa node keep from getting all mixed togeather or going to the wrong destination. Q. could my artifical pacemaker signals be radiating magnetic fields and contributing/?/causing my a fib?? I know conscious thought produced signals can go not only where intended but to other locations as well ie. some people cant wink just one eye the other eye closes too. I have other questions but will not bother you with them right now. Any answers will be happily recieved. Thank You XXXXX

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

I can appreciate your concern.

All these systems are controlled by what is called the "Autonomic Nervous System'.

The autonomic nervous system has two parts, the parasympathetic - the 'relaxing' pathway, and the sympathetic - the 'excitory' pathway.

All the urges, like urination, defecation, etc are controlled by the autonomic nervous system through a complex interplay between this inhibitory and excitory signals to the end organs like bladder and rectum.

The controlling system in the brain is diverse, with each urge having its own center, like the micturition center and defecation center, etc in the brain. These centers are in turn controlled by a large number of interconnections to various other parts of the brain.

Autonomic nervous system disorder can be the cause of your symptoms. This is the most likely in view of your multiple symptoms.

Dysautonomia can cause disorder in heart rate, breathing, urination, defecation, coughing, etc.

Look up these two articles on dysautonomia carefully. I think you will find that your symptoms match quite closely.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/76785.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysautonomia

Consult your doctor and discuss about dysautonomia.

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I neglected to give some important information in my first request that is my RX list I add it now. I can't believe I forgot to include it. 1.Eplerenone 25mg 1x 2.Clopidogrel Bisulate 75mg 1x 3.Digoxin 0.125mg 1x 4.Valsartan 160mg 1x 5.Allopurinol 100mg 1x 6.Glipi-zide 5mg 1x 7.Furosemide 80mg 1x 8.Warfarin 2mg (now) 1x 9.Carvedilol 25mg 2x 10.Vit.-D 1000iu 1x 11.Asprin 81mg 1x I was taking all of these meds except Glipi-zide for quite a while prior to any of the a fib,intense urinary signals,intense out of breath/urge to hyper-ventilate conditions occured, My A-Fib started being continous aprox 2.5 yrs ago. the first prostate+breathing problems occured 1.5 yrs ago and coinsided with starting Metatoporal and a prostate drug?? it had a count up schedule ramping to full dose over 30 days. After taking the two new meds for aprox 2 weeks started having the prostate/breathing issues so severe I had to discontinue both meds and the prostate drug had completely stopped semen production made my testicles dissapear almost completely(they came back partially) I was also consuming aprox .583 liter of vodka or whiskey daily with only slightly elevated enzymes and a recent liver study showing slightly fatty/no cirrhosis detected?????? I completely stopped the alcohol consumption 30 days ago with my only symtom a slight craveing for sweets????? No relaps. I know my physiology is not in the books. My EF has been 15 to18% since 2002 but I could mow my lawn,walk 5 miles,dig a limit of rasor clams at the beach. But right after my a-fib started I rapidly was forced to sit in a recliner most of the time. My first cardiologest "who liked rasor clams" called me his miracle patient. He told me in 2003 if I carefully controlled my diet,took my meds as per instructed,quit smoking-drinking-etc I had around a one yr life exp. My attitude became I choose 6 months and at least I will go out eating,drinking,smoking and happy. I switched to only butter,try every kind of cheese,eat anything people are suposed to completely ban from their diet. I did quit using the salt shaker and high salt processed foods.I switched my deep fat fryer to peanut oil and completely stopped caffeine my heart failure kind of leveled and did'nt get worse till the A-fib I suspect that I have so many factors involved only GOD could complete a 100% correct diagnosis. Your more than welcome to give me any suggestions or routes to try. I lost my secondary medical coverage three years ago and I can't afford my medicare co-pays so I finally applied for and got My VA medical coverage started. But it seems the most important focus they have is suicide prevention. The VA hospital nearest me Has one PA cardiologest and my primary care Dr just moved my new one is a PA I feel sorry for them all working under staffed,government restricted by both policy and budget subject to irrate veterans venting on them. Many of them totaly burned out. O well I try hard to avoid Stress at all cost. Thank You XXXXX