Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

hi for seretonin to reach optiamal efficancy for a individual

hi for seretonin to reach optiamal efficancy for a individual does it have to be stable in the blood system and how long does it take once you have found the right dose for you to do so, ie after titrating up to dose you need , is it the ssri reaching a stable blood cirulation that makes it work at its most efficacous, thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

Yes, stable blood level is required.

Mysticdoc :

This helps serotonin level to increase in the brain.

Mysticdoc :

In fact, it is the brain serotonin level which is more important for stable mood.

Customer:

is this why it take s the few weeks to work doc

Mysticdoc :

yes correct

Mysticdoc :

the level gradually builds up known as steady state .

Customer:

ok well im on lustral doc

Customer:

and on a high dose

Customer:

and i been doing pretty good at 300mg

Mysticdoc :

ok that is good

Customer:

and was on it 6 wks

Mysticdoc :

ok

Mysticdoc :

yes that is about the time for the optimal effect

Customer:

but unfortunatly i pushed myself to hard in work physically

Customer:

the wk before

Mysticdoc :

ok

Customer:

and i went all over the place

Customer:

very down , fatigue , anxiety

Customer:

etc

Mysticdoc :

ok --not uncommon

Customer:

i waited 10 days of hell but it couldnt pull me out of it

Customer:

so my doc put me up to 325

Customer:

and on it 5 days and feel lot better

Customer:

but will it take as long for it to level out agian

Mysticdoc :

yes that is expected

Mysticdoc :

higher dose is helpful.

Customer:

that is good doc

Customer:

and should i soon get more consistant energy and mood

Customer:

as on the 300 i felt like doing stuff again but my energy level wasnt there to give it to me

Mysticdoc :

yes gradually over time

Customer:

and is that down to the adjustment reachjing a level balance in my brain again doc

Customer:

i find im very sensitive to meds and external enviroment and i am very up and down with consistancy

Mysticdoc :

yes correct

Mysticdoc :

the serotonin level in the brain takes some time to reach the equilibrium

Customer:

ok doc so i should give it at least 4 wks on this dose to see if is the right amt ,, yes

Mysticdoc :

yes correct

Mysticdoc :

probably this will work.

Customer:

also doc how high can i go up on lustral , my pdoc said 400 is max.but yes hope this will work, i think it should

Customer:

you still there doc

Mysticdoc :

yes it should work.

Mysticdoc :

yes upto 400 mg is the max.

Customer:

ok thanks doc thanks that is a great answer you been most helpful

Mysticdoc :

very welcome

Mysticdoc :

best wishes

Customer:

thank you , doc i give you excellent service, enjoy your day

Mysticdoc :

very welcome

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD