Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have had a bruise on my breast for 4 weeks. 2 weeks ago it

I have had a bruise on my breast for 4 weeks. 2 weeks ago it was intentionally made worse. It has been and still is painful. Scale of 1 to 10 ...I give it a 7. How long will this pain last...and should I see my Dr?
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Did you had any injury or bruise developed all of a sudden?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Did you had such bruise in past?
Do you have any other associated symptoms like fever?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was injured twice. The only meds I take is synthroid. I have never drank, smoked or taken any form of drugs. The only newer symptom is the pain seems to be going deeper and up into my neck and jaw. The only other time in my past that it was bruised like this was when I was 16 and it was also intentional

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know if depression is a medical condition or not, but I am and am not taking anti-depressents.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Well, such symptoms have come due to injury on affected part.
But usually in 2-3 weeks, such symptoms should have get resolved.
As pain has spread to nearby parts, so it should not be left ignored.

Considering your severity of pain, i would suggest that you should not delay and urgently see your doctor and get it managed.

Depending on the severity of the trauma, the breast bruise can vary in size. Also one may observe skin discolorations and tenderness or pain in the affected breast area.

Basically there are three types of bruises:
-Subcutaneous, it lies beneath the skin.
-Intramuscular, it lies within the belly of the underlying muscle.
-Periosteal, it is a bone bruise.

Your doctor can advise few blood tests for evaluation and you will be advised treatment accordingly. You may need
-CBC (Complete blood count)
-Coagulation studies (PT/PTT/INR)
You may require X-ray along with Ultrasound of breast.

I would suggest that you should not delay and urgently see your doctor and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your assistance! If I may, one more question.... is there anything I can do for the present pain until I see my Dr? I have only tried ice, but that didn't do much. As far as OTC meds, I haven't tried any...

Dear Customer,
Well, i would suggest that you can take OTC Tylenol to reduce pain.
You can safely take Regular strength Tylenol 3 times a day.
You should continue with ice packs.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Hello.
How are you doing? Let me know if you have any more follow up questions.
Thank you and take care.
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the same....no worse and no better. I waited to go to the Dr because I knew we were going to be staying with friends on vacation who is a doctor. We talked and I got an assessment that I am comfortable with. Thank you again for your time!

Sincerely, Robin

Robin, Thanks for providing follow up information.

You can take OTC Tylenol to reduce pain. You should continue with ice packs.
Yes, you should have a follow up with your doctor, and if required they may advise you tests.

I wish for your good health.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning, Doctor! I hear you and have an appt scheduled for the day after we return to Florida on Monday. My friend feels some nerves may be damaged which will require extra time to heal; yet, like you, believes I need to see my Dr. I just don't want all the poking and prodding, and, especially, the questions...

Again, thank you!

Robin

Robin, It's ok. No problem.
I can understand your concern.

I wish for your good health.

Let me know, if you have any more questions in future.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your assistance.