Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I recently had a ct scan done which was ordered by my cardiologist.

I recently had a ct scan done which was ordered by my cardiologist. It happened to show 2 simple hepatic cysts. One on the left lobe and one on the right lobe. They are not causing me pain or obstruction. I would like to know what kind of doctor I should see for a followup. I know simple cysts are usually just monitored and generally left alone. But I would feel more comfortable if a specialist looked over the ct scan and confirmed the findings and how I should proceed. I don't know if it would be perhaps a gastroenterologist or maybe a hepatologist. Also, I am in surgical menopause and on the estradiol patch. Could the estrogen be the cause of the hepatic cysts? Thank you.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : you may follow up with a gastroenterologist ....
Anthony Bray MD : that would be fine.. Z
Anthony Bray MD : the cysts are not caused by your menopause....
Anthony Bray MD : these are merely an incidental and very common finding....
Anthony Bray MD : these are monitored to make sure that they are only cysts and nothing more.
Anthony Bray MD : we typically may have a patient do a follow up CT once in about 3 to 6 months to ensure that they are stable and not anything else.
Anthony Bray MD : A hepatic cyst though is of no harm or reason for concern!!
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer:

Thank you for your response! I will certainly follow up with a gastro doctor and am relieved to know they are common and usually not of concern. Blessings and I will leave positive feedback for you!