Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

When I was a young child, I had a prolapse in the heart. Im 29 years old now. But I&

When I was a young child, I had a prolapse in the heart. I'm 29 years old now. But I'm still concerned about that condition. I've been told that the prolapse should disappear over the course of aging. However, in recent days I have experienced some unpleasant feelings in the heart. I tend to worry too much about everything. My relatives told me those feelings are not connected to the prolapse but the result of my constant worries. WebMD.com agrees. But what would you say? Should I be worried about that heart condition and recent developments?

Thank you.
Alex Reznikov.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Customer:

Yes

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello what are your symptoms in the heart?

Customer:

Dr. P Jyoti :

you do not need to be worried, but you do need to go for a cardiological checkup

Dr. P Jyoti :

what are your symptoms presently?

Customer:

well, they are pretty strange. They are not constant. Not a sharp pain, but rather some discomfort and just unpleasant feelings.

Dr. P Jyoti :

ok

Customer:

and heart beat around upper 70s-80s

Dr. P Jyoti :

these may be nothing more than your anxiety

Dr. P Jyoti :

that heart beat is normal

Dr. P Jyoti :

buut you should still go for checkup to see the condition of your valve now

Customer:

I have traveled by airplane recently. there was a big turbulence at one point

Dr. P Jyoti :

in the majority of cases, valve prolapses are benign and need only monitoring

Dr. P Jyoti :

but monitoring is necessary

Dr. P Jyoti :

since you have not been checked for so long, you must go for a heart checkup now

Dr. P Jyoti :

go to your primary and ask for a cardiological referral, or go to a cardiologist directly

Dr. P Jyoti :

an ECHO of the heart is necessary

Dr. P Jyoti :

this will check the condition of the valve and rule out complications

Dr. P Jyoti :

discuss with the cardiologist about how often monitoring is required

Dr. P Jyoti :

this is necessary to keep your heart safe

Dr. P Jyoti :

take care'

Dr. P Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

OK, I will. thank you. One final question: Can it wait until Monday - the doctor's office visit?

Dr. P Jyoti :

thats right, it can certainly wait till then

Dr. P Jyoti :

no need for immediate hurry

Dr. P Jyoti :

you can wait till then, dont worry

Customer:

OK, thank you!

Dr. P Jyoti :

Hope that satisfies your query. If so, please choose a positive rating.

If you have any other queries, do ask. Wish you good health and a quick recovery. Bonus is always welcome!

Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti