Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

hi there was wondering if you can help.. i have been having

hi there was wondering if you can help.. i have been having pain in the front of my neck the past few days i have been taking ibrufen to abate the pain but, when i stretch my chin or yawn, i really feel the pain any advise what else i can do to help this.

thanks
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Do you have fever, nausea or any other associated symptoms?
Is pain continuous or occur at certain times during day?
Do you have sore throat?
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your prompt reply on a grade of 1 -10 i would rate it possibility at 5. around the areas, it feels warm and last evening, i was felt feverish, the fact i am taken ibuprofen, this may be keeping any temperature i might have down. i don't have a sore throat but when i swallow as the mussels move, this cases pain. to touch each side of my throat exacerbates this pain.

i am on cipromil at present 20mg

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Such symptoms can occur, when the thyroid gland becomes enlarged and painful, either from infection or other health issues.
Swollen lymph nodes may also cause front neck pain in some people. This may be caused by a viral infection.

Other possible reasons are- sinusitis and throat infections, such as tonsillitis. Muscle strain and herniated discs may also produce localized neck pain.

At this time, you need to have a physical examination and blood tests like ESR and thyroid levels.
The line of treatment would be selected after clinical evaluation.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.