Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. I get

I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. I get extremely bloated, regardless of what I eat. What's your recommendation in managing this issue in an ongoing basis?
The problem of bloating is often related to the particular bacteria population of the GI tract. Some bacteria are more gas forming than others are. So in this regard you may benefit to try a probiotic product to help make the GI bacteria population more benign and neutral to your system.
A similar issue that may cause this problem is lactose intolerence. If you do not digest lactose the milk sugar then bacteria will digest this and cause gas. Lactaid is available to take with meals to help if this should be your problem.
I hope that these suggestions are helpful. Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD