Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

If a person has chlamydia of the mout or I suppose technically

If a person has chlamydia of the mout or I suppose technically the throat is it possible to pass it through kissing? This includes deep kissing.
While it is theoretically possible to transmit chlamydia through kissing (if you have an infection in the throat), this is NOT a major route of transmission since saliva does have mild anti-chlamydia activity.

HOWEVER, both you and any sexual partners should be simultaneously treated to prevent reinfection.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No doubt we will be taking any and all precautions. She gets into her doctor on the 5th and we've already discussed nothing will happen until we both are treated and retested.

I did take the time to contact the two since my last test as well

If I'm to understand this correctly, chlamydia has a hard time transmitting without actual contact with the bacteria? Enzymes in the saliva I know are strong and typically can kill about any bacteria in the mouth. I just don't want to lose all passion in our relationship for the next month while going through this process.

Yes - chlamydia is difficult to transmit through kissing.

Even if you were to transmit this through kissing, treating you both at the same time (which is usually done when one partner is diagnosed) would treat her as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She tried to at least get into her doctor to get treated and her doctor refused to do it without testing. I found this to be odd since I tested positive and am currently on treatment. She brought it up to her doctor who still refused at that point. Is there advice I should perhaps forward to her or am I stretching in asking that question?

I can understand why a physician may not want to treat her without her being tested, however, most physicians I know would treat a sexual partner regardless of testing results.

I suspect it has more to do with his desire for the office visit ($) and the vague risk of liability (What if she had a reaction to the medicine, and he didn't have "proof" that she had the infection).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Makes sense to me. I very much appreciate theanswer. You were more helpful than you needed to be and I very much appreciate it. I think we'll stick to the initial plan "just" to be safe. It's a short time when looking at the long run of things.

Thank you

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you this evening.