Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

i am a 20 year old female and when i was 2 months old i was

i am a 20 year old female and when i was 2 months old i was diagnosed with spinal meningitis and came out of it just fine minus having pnemonia 3 times afterwards. i have read on some forums that some people that have had meningitis have long term effects from it. i get chronic headaches that no one can find the source of, i get muscle spasms in my heart, and severe back pain. could this be related?
Hello from ja
headaches are possible long term
When did they start
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have always had them, i get them everyday. some days are worse than others, to the point where every move i make hurts my head more.

OK
Yes you should see a neurologist.
Sometimes specific medicines in this situation can prevent the headaches, particularly if it was post meningitis induced.

I don't think muscle spasms in the chest or back are directly related to this, and that should receive further investigation as well.
For example low magnesium , thyroid problems, or other conditions can predispose to muscle spasms.

However, I suggest you present all of this to the specialist.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.