Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

this morning I woke up at 8am, as I was start to set up I felt

this morning I woke up at 8am, as I was start to set up I felt real dizzy and fell back on the bed, this feeling past in seconds and I went about my day, however, as I lay on the bed around lunch time 12 noon I received the same feeling as I tried to sit up, any ideal what this could be? I take Metformin 500mg twice daily and Amlodipine- Benazepril 10mg once daily along with atorvastatin 20mg once a day.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : check on your blood pressure....
Anthony Bray MD : it sounds that your blood pressure may be related to your sense of dizziness....
Anthony Bray MD : it will tend to be at its lowest in position changes such as lying to sitting up or sitting to standing....
Anthony Bray MD : these are referred to as orthostatic blood pressure changes....
Anthony Bray MD : these increased drops in pressure may be caused by low blood volume as may be caused by dehydration for example.
Customer:

my blood pressure pills are 10mg I took one after the incindent

Anthony Bray MD : I note that you take amlodapine and benazepril which are if course BP MEDS and the dose of these might need to be adjusted as one possibity....
Customer:

my normal doctor visit is set for au,14th, what should I do until then?

Anthony Bray MD : It may help for you to check your BP lying then sitting then standing a keep a record of several separate such measures. If the dizziness problem persists then review these results with your doctor...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information helps!
Anthony Bray MD : Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Customer:

yes, I feel better after talking to you, thanks.

Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome!
Anthony Bray MD : best regards! I hope that you feel better!