Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Hi, I am a 23 year old female and am trying to figure out what

Hi, I am a 23 year old female and am trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I have been to several doctors none of whom can figure out what seems to be the problem. I have constipation, bloating, a pressure in my abdomen/above belly button, at night I get nausea and migraines along with mild cramping, I have to urinate about once an hour and a hard time staying asleep. I have taken many pregnancy test so that is not the issue. Over the last two years, the symptoms have continued to grow.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

sounds like you could have two separate issues. one with the bowels and one with the bladder.

the bowel issue could be due to bowel infection, inflammatory bowel disease, colitis, crohns disease, irritable bowel syndrome. you need to see a GI specialist about this and get your stools tested for blood and possibly a colonoscopy exam to look inside of your colon. you could have a food allergy like lactose intolerance or allegy to wheat glutten protein like a celiac spruce disorder which also can be tested for. changing your diet, avoiding certain foods, eating more fiber, adding yogurt and probiotics can all potentially help your situation. I see you have tried going glutten free already. but you need to see a GI doctor first for testing and go from there.

as for the urination, you could be having a urinary tract infection or an over active bladder or spasms of the bladder wall muscles which is causing you to urinate every hour at night. your urine needs to be checked for possible blood and infection. a bladder stone could also cause your symptoms. there are mediations to help overactive bladder and to help relax your bladder muscles to keep them from contracting so much and making you feel like you have to urinate so frequently.

do you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor and get some of the above testing that I have recommended?