Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

a friend of mine has swelling of the tongue .. eye problem

a friend of mine has swelling of the tongue .. eye problem and it is affecting the limbs . what is this condition called???? She is having tests at the moment..

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Optic neuritis along with weakness/neurological symptoms in the limbs, and difficulty in speech can be due to Multiple Sclerosis (MS).

Another possibility is B-12 deficiency which can give optic neuritis, neurological symptoms in limbs as well as red beefy tongue.

These are the suspicions only.

Obviously one would need more clinical data, findings on clinical examination, followed by necessary investigations to reach a specific diagnosis.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.