Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My girlfriend has a lump forming on the axillary bundle of

My girlfriend has a lump forming on the axillary bundle of nerves in her armpit only on the right side. It is causing cramping around the swollen area. She has not been bitten by something as there is no punctures or redness locally but it is worring me. She also is having chest pains on her right upper chest above her breast. Can you please inform us if we need to seek further medical attention?

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

Since this is a painful lump, this can be an infected lymph node under axilla.

Mysticdoc :

An infected lump can cause chest pain as well due to the inflammation.

Mysticdoc :

Given her age, the risk o cancer is very low.

Mysticdoc :

So although this is not serious condition, clinical evaluation is still required.

Mysticdoc :

A course of antibiotic will take care of the issue.

Customer: It is just a lump with no redness or tenderness to touch unless squeezed hard, which only started to swell over the last few hours and she has had the chest pains on the right side for a few days prior. The swelling is a new symptom which I am worried about as I have never witnessed this before please advise with more detail of what this'll be please.
Customer: Please advise me a direction ASAP as my partner she is very worried and is prone to bad anxiety attacks... Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is just a lump with no redness or tenderness to touch unless squeezed firmly, which only started to swell over the last few hours and she has had the chest pains on the right side for a few days prior. The swelling is a new symptom which I am worried about as I have never witnessed this before please advise with more detail of what this'll be please.
It still sounds like a bacterial infection.
This may have started before the swelling appeared.
Muscle spasm can cause right sided chest pain commonly.
Once the swelling appears this does point to the infection.
Another possibility can be muscle injury causing the swelling.
This should be confirmed by the clinical evaluation.

Best wishes,