Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

Hello, im a 47 year old male and have had a lot of sinus

i'm a 47 year old male and have had a lot of sinus pressure and headaches over the last month along with some pain in my left ear.

Having had a history of occasional sinus infections, my first thought was that this was the problem. However, i never developed a fever like i usually do when i get sinus infections.

After several weeks of hoping this would just go away, i went to my doctor who gave me a ten day run of antibiotics; i'm on day 8 today, and they have not helped a bit.

Hearing that allergies have been bad this year, i've been thinking that maybe i am developing allergies but my doctor is pretty much discounting that because i haven't had allergies before. I took some sudafed yesterday for the first time and it gave me some relief.

Can you give me your insight?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : Based on your history I would more strongly suspect that you have a sinus infection that may be resistant to the initial antibiotic.
Anthony Bray MD : if you had allergies then I would suspect that you would have more on the way of itching of the nose and sneezing and clear runny nose....
Anthony Bray MD : Most people ( adults) do not run a fever so easily so a lack of fever with a sinus infection do not run a fever so easily( this varies with the bacterial cause of the infection...
Anthony Bray MD : So I would advise that you follow up with your doctor as you complete the ten days of antibiotic of you still have the same symptoms.
Anthony Bray MD : i hope that this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : if my responses have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD