Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

After a recent CAT scan of my heart the cardiologist informed me that the coronary arterie

After a recent CAT scan of my heart the cardiologist informed me that the coronary arteries are narrowed. I have had high blood pressure for nearly 20 years now always on treatment.The cardiologist prescribed the following meds.Bisiporol, Asperine, Atorvastatine,amlodipine/valsartan,indapamide, ezetimibe. I have been using these for the past 12 months and has never felt more sick in my life. I have an underactive thyroid and used Eltroxin replacement therapy but stopped due to my fear for adverse drug interactions.Metformin was prescribed by my GP to prevent type 2 diabetes after a number of high suger readings - Ihave also stopped using that due fear of adverse drug interactions Is the above combination of drugs the right combination? What do you recommend?

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

Mysticdoc :

Diabetes and hypothyroid also form independent risk factors for heart disease.

Mysticdoc :

If not treated, these conditions can cause heart attack over time.

Mysticdoc :

Hence, it is important to take eltroxin and metformin to treat these conditions.

Mysticdoc :

Regarding your heart medications you are on multiple medications which lower your blood pressure.

Mysticdoc :

You are also on 2 different cholesterol lowering medications.

Mysticdoc :

It seems you are on excessive medications.

Mysticdoc :

But I do not have the exact medical records.

Mysticdoc :

Just to give you an idea, your blood pressure should be around 130/80 ( not too lower than that), your LDl cholesterol should be at or below 70 mg/dl, HDL cholesterol should be above 50 mg/dl; Triglycerides around 150 mg/dl.

Mysticdoc :

Your blood sugar should be between 100-140 mg/dl most of the time, A1c should be around 6.5 to 7

Mysticdoc :

Hence, medications should be adjusted to achieve these targets to minimize heart disease risk.

Mysticdoc :

You should discuss with your doctor regarding the proper medication combination to reduce sickness.

Mysticdoc :

It is not good idea to stop medication without proper discussion with your doctor.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Mysticdoc : Hi there,
Mysticdoc : Diabetes and hypothyroid also form independent risk factors for heart disease.
Mysticdoc : If not treated, these conditions can cause heart attack over time.
Mysticdoc : Hence, it is important to take eltroxin and metformin to treat these conditions.
Mysticdoc : Regarding your heart medications you are on multiple medications which lower your blood pressure.
Mysticdoc : You are also on 2 different cholesterol lowering medications.
Mysticdoc : It seems you are on excessive medications.
Mysticdoc : But I do not have the exact medical records.
Mysticdoc : Just to give you an idea, your blood pressure should be around 130/80 ( not too lower than that), your LDl cholesterol should be at or below 70 mg/dl, HDL cholesterol should be above 50 mg/dl; Triglycerides around 150 mg/dl.
Mysticdoc : Your blood sugar should be between 100-140 mg/dl most of the time, A1c should be around 6.5 to 7
Mysticdoc : Hence, medications should be adjusted to achieve these targets to minimize heart disease risk.
Mysticdoc : You should discuss with your doctor regarding the proper medication combination to reduce sickness.
Mysticdoc : It is not good idea to stop medication without proper discussion with your doctor.
Mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile: