Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

Thanks I measured my ankles and they are both the same size

Customer Question

Thanks I measured my ankles and they are both the same size - 9 inches and my calves are both 14 inches. I want to the doctor and she said she didn't think it was one since I didn't have severe pain or swelling, but this pain is uncomfortable and it comes and goes. Can it take 7 days for a muscle injury to completely heal?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome again to justanswer and thank you for your question.

Well, to be honest with you, Yes it may sometimes take 2-3 weeks for muscular or nerve related pain to get resolve completely.
It doesn't sounds to be a blood clot.

You can use Heating pads or hot wet towels on affected areas. You can apply it for 15-20 minutes and repeat it 3-4 times a day.
You should take adequate rest, and keep legs elevated.

You can take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) such as aspirin or ibuprofen to reduce pain and improve functions. Also you can gently apply Ace or other elastic bandage as it can provide support and help to improve function.
Physical therapy would also be helpful.

As there is no swelling, so i would not panic.
Yes, it can up to 2 weeks, for symptoms to get completely resolve.
Please follow such instructions, and use wait and watch approach.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where does a shin split hurt?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking follow up question.

Shin Splint causes pain and sometimes swelling in the front part of the lower leg called as shin.
Further, the area may be painful to the touch. Swollen muscles can also sometimes irritate the nerves in the feet, causing them to feel weak or numb.

The line of treatment is-
1. use of ice packs on affected areas.
2. You can try Anti-inflammatory painkillers like ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin.
3. Also Arch supports for your shoes would be helpful.
4. Physical therapy would be helpful, as it strengthen the muscles in shins.

Dr. Robert, Doctor