Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I am post menopause at 46 with constant ovarian pain and lower

I am post menopause at 46 with constant ovarian pain and lower back ache. I also feel bloated but have slowly gained weight and suffer with acne on my face and scalp for the first time in my life (this might be the cause?). I have been tested negative for ovarian cancer but have a 3.5-4cm fibroid (showing on the most painful side) which has remained this size for a year. I drank a fair bit more for a while as I suffered nocturnal itching for a while (linked to the menopause). I am cutting down but have an ALT of 93. A year ago it was 55. Firstly is this nagging pain normal and is the menopause the only possible cause. Secondly, do I really have to just take painkillers and wait for these symptoms to go away. I am really really fed up. Please help if you can. Anita
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question.

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

I need to gather more information in order to give you the best answer possible.

This pain is not normal.

Have you had a CAT scan of the pelvis?

Have you had liver imaging?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - my GP said that he doubted that there was anything more that he could do and that the pain would go away. I have another blood test in two weeks to check the ALT. Should I ask for a CAT scan when I review my ALT blood test?

Thank you for this reply Anita.

I think you definitely should get a CAT scan.

There could be a variety of other problems causing this.

Ovarian cysts or even tumors that weren't seen.

Also, a CAT scan of the abdomen and pelvis will give a good view of the liver.

You could have fatty liver disease explaining the high ALT numbers.

A CAT scan is definitely the next step

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)