911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
19155615

Hello, I had a skull fracture about 6 weeks ago, and was upon finishing a course of pills

I had a skull fracture about 6 weeks ago, and was upon finishing a course of pills I finally knew it was safe to treat a disagreeable side effect(vaginal candida). My home-treatment failed and I saw a doctor straight away, today, who confirmed the candida but said it was a strong one. I've been given diflucan and canesten(not due for use yet), she said the diflucan would also clear my body, allowing my immune system to do more importart things(you can catch a lot during two weeks at hospital). I'm quite sure I told her I'm still on paracetamol for the headaches. I'm also on Pectox lisina(expectorant, to clear blood from middle ear, problem was solved on the monday appointment but I obey prescription and doctor did not tell me to stop).
I wanted to know, I took the Diflucan an hour and a half ago. Can I take my paracetamol? Is there a safe limit? My prescription allows 3 grams per day, 1gr every 8 hours (I take half or less to spare my liver depending on the pain level) Thank y

911DOC :

Welcome, My answers are for educational purposes only. Remember please, that we do not get paid if you do not click 'accept' / give positive ratings!

911DOC :

You can take the paracetamol and not worry about any untoward interaction with the diflucan.

911DOC :

You are well within safe limits on the paracetamol at 3g per day

911DOC :

there are no listed interactions between diflucan and paracetamol

911DOC :

standing by

Customer:

Thank you!

Customer:

Have a nice day!