Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

June 5th I had a biopsy of the rigtht and left temporal artery.

June 5th I had a biopsy of the rigtht and left temporal artery. The wound was covered with dermabond. I am due to have a permanent which contains chemicals. HOw soon after this procedure can I have a permanent?
It is best to give it about 4 weeks to heal completely so no chemicals fall on a raw wound.
As you have already completed about 15 days, I would suggest waiting for another two weeks and then going for this.
This will keep it very safe.
Otherwise you can also do it three weeks after the procedure which also be safe enough, that is, one week from now.
Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.
I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!
Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Four weeks from June 5th is July 3rd.. The incision is covered by dermabond and there is no leakage. Not much of the dermabond has flaked off so the area is pretty well covered. Jeanne
Still, give it three weeks.
That would be around June 26th.
Some leakage can occur through the dermabond.
If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, please rate my service.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.