Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician

I am a 49 year old female. I have always been pretty healthy

I am a 49 year old female. I have always been pretty healthy with the exception of chronic sinusitus. Six years ago I had a hysterectomy and feel as if everything has just gone downhill. I was overweight but just have gained more since then. I take synthroid for my thyroid. I am battling constant fatigue and lately alot of muscle pain (especially my feet and legs. This makes exercising hard. I feel I am in a catch 22 and dont know where to begin to get help..what doctor to see, what questions to ask, etc. anny suggestions?
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

When was you last thyroid tests done?
Have you underwent any tests recently?
Is there swelling in feet?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My last thyroid test was probably 6 months ago. There is no noticable swelling in my feet. I had an ultrasound of my thyroid about 6 months ago and 2 months ago I got injections in my back
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you have described suggests the possibility of nerve root compression.Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of wear and tear or injury or degeneration of the discs.

You need following tests:

-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Electro physiological studies

Overweight is a common aggravating factor.

There are various over the counter supplements/pills available but there is no credible medical evidence that the supplements are safe, effective, and perform the way they claim.

To loose weight,reduce the amount of calories you eat.Eating 300 to 500 calories less per day should lead to a loss of between one and two pounds per week.You could start dieting. What you will have to do is keep an account of how many calories you take in each day.Cut down your calories.

Increase your daily activities & work out.

So I advice you to make an appointment with neurologist for these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi Ivy,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted the doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?

Let me know,