Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

ENT question. I have acute sinusitus. today I got bactrumm,flagyll

Customer Question

ENT question. I have acute sinusitus. today I got bactrumm,flagyll and methylprenosolone. The ENT Dr did a thoat culture b/c teh mucous drips from my nose and accumulates in my throat . he cultured my throat and said he'd call me friday. I inquired as to why and I said, r u doing this in case u determine that u may have to change antibiotics and then he was extremely evasive and kept repeating that we will talk friday.
he knows I am very anxious about other issues in my life and it's truly unnerving that he wont tell me what he is doing?
what is he looking for?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello i am an ENT specialist and can help you on this

Dr. P Jyoti :

what symptoms are you having now?

Customer:

I have sever sinus headache, so swollen inside nasal cavity that mucous accumulates in my throat and I spit it out.

Customer:

I cant answer the ques regarding rating your service b/c i dont have an answer yet.

Dr. P Jyoti :

thats right, you need to rate my service only after my answer

Dr. P Jyoti :

in this case, you need not worry

Dr. P Jyoti :

the doctor only wants to know the bacteria involved

Dr. P Jyoti :

and to change your antibiotic if necessary depending on the sensitivity report

Dr. P Jyoti :

there would not be any other reason at all, let me reassure you

Dr. P Jyoti :

you need to take the antibiotics as prescribed

Dr. P Jyoti :

and see your doctor after two days

Dr. P Jyoti :

if necessary he will change the antibiotics

Dr. P Jyoti :

dont worry, this must be a simple throat infection and getting treated in this way will give you relief

Dr. P Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

correction severe nor sever I dont know the bacteria involved,he took a culture which i asumed would reveal which bacteria it is . Why wouldnt he answer the ques I asked which is the call on friday , u might change antibiotics? he wouldnt answer.

Dr. P Jyoti :

dont get worried about that

Customer:

did he see something in my throat that could reveal something omninous?

Dr. P Jyoti :

no no, if he saw something in your throat, he would have advised tests like putting a scope down your throat

Dr. P Jyoti :

but since he only advised a culture, it means that there is nothing more in your throat than an infection

Dr. P Jyoti :

and he probably didnt answer only because he didnt know whether antibiotics would need to be changed

Dr. P Jyoti :

Dr. P Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

I will rate your service but I wont know if u gave me the right advise until he calls me friday . He stuck the instument used to culture my throat , down my throat and something else deep into teh sinus cavity .

Dr. P Jyoti :

that was for examination only

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.