Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

my wifes hands are turning yellow over the last couple day

my wifes hands are turning yellow over the last couple days
Thank you for your question:

Are the "whites" of her eyes yellow?

Does she eat lots of carrots or yellow vegetables?

Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no yellow in eyes and not really to veg question. tired but worked 12 hours today so not surprised. metallic taste in mouth.

There are a number of conditions that can cause yellow discoloration of the skin. Jaundice is a condition caused by elevated levels of bilirubin - seen in various problems with the liver or gallbladder. Typically this is associated with a prominent yellow discoloration of the eyes and skin (not just the skin).

Carotenemia is caused by high levels of beta-carotene in the blood (which gets deposited in the skin but NOT the eyes). High intake of carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes can cause this finding.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make a diagnosis over the internet. A visit to a local physician would allow a definitive diagnosis. If the examination alone is not diagnostic, then some tests may be needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

forgot to mention she also has a kind of crampy stomach

As I mentioned, this could be related to liver problems or gallbladder problems. Gallbladder disease can cause abdominal pain and cramps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

her cramps were quite painful three hours ago but have lessened considerably since. what is the significance of the metallic taste in the mouth

This can be caused by a number of conditions including dehydration, infections, excess levels of copper (which can cause liver disease), certain medications to name a few.

With the cramps, pain, and other symptoms, an urgent visit to a physician, urgent care clinic or the emergency room would be appropriate.