Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities

While at work on the computer, a few times in the past month,

While at work on the computer, a few times in the past month, the area right above my right eye shakes, causing my vision to get shaky for a few minutes. Is this due to computer eye strain or a more neurological cause?
Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.
You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.
Does this happen only when you sit on the computer, and for long duration?
Weakness of any body part?
Difficulty in speech?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It has only happen when I sit at a computer. I do not feel any weakness or have any difficulty speaking.
Thank you very much for the useful information.
Most likely this is a result of continuous work, prolonged sittings, and the effects of continuous focus of eyes on the computer.
This routine strains your eyes, muscles around the eyes, and can result in the similar symptoms you have.
In the absence of any other neurological symptoms, this appears to be a benign problem which should settle down by changing your routine.
Have rest.
Maintain adequate hydration.
Adequate sleep.
Daily exercise and relaxation.
Avoid prolonged sittings on computer for few days.
See how you respond to these measures.
If despite all these changes the problem persist, does not improve or gets worse, see your doctor for a clinical examination both for eyes as well as neurological evaluation.
I would have been worried too if I were at your place, but let me reassure you that this does not sound serious at all. It is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.
It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.
My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.