Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I was playing tennis yesterday. When I woke up this morning

I was playing tennis yesterday. When I woke up this morning and got out of bed I felt a pop and now my lower back hurts. I also have anxiety and IBS-C. Is there anything to worry about? What should I do to alleviate the problem? Walks? More exercise?

Dr. Abid :

Hi there. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question. I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me do you feel more stretch ad pain when you bend down?

Please provide me info...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. When standing and bending forward I feel pain.

Thanks for info...
It is highly likely that you have muscle stretch also known as muscular spasm bending or standing often increase tension in muscle and more pain.
I will suggest you to get rest,avoid exercise,and using a heating pad for a 30 minute session twice a day that will help you. Also taking a warm bath may help. Muscle spasms may also be relieved by ice packs. Some individuals may get better relief from either hot or cold treatments so you can use anyone of them depending which is more effective.
Usually it will take few days to settle down,do not worry.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX you good health.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS(R)

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

You do not have a diagnosis.

Given that you were twisting and playing tennis and felt a "pop" this can be more than simple strain.

A slipped disc must be ruled out, torn ligament of the spine is possible, and you need a structural exam.

If indicated by exam you need an MRI.Simply treating it at home without follow up is not adequate and potentially leaves you open to long term complications...for example you might need the correct physical therapy.

Do not simply treat this yourself and assume everything will be fine.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.